Tuesday, December 15, 2015

3rd Truth of Christmas- Light of the World


Christmas lights are one of the best aspects of this season. In a matter of days, our world transforms from winter darkness, to being lit by thousands of tiny pinpoints of light.


Christmas lights turn the ordinary into the enchanting. When I look at Christmas lights, I am filled with a sense of wonder and longing. I feel that I have been give a glimpse of my future home in heaven. I am drawn towards Christmas lights like a bee to sweet nectar.

Light.

God uses light to identify Himself. Darkness always represents evil. We are called to be lights in this dark world, "a city on a hill" .

Christmastime is the celebration of when the Light of the World came down to shine among us and light up the darkness of our empty hearts.

Jesus the Messiah was the first Christmas Light.

Christmas lights are very dependent upon each other. If one goes out, they all go out. Jesus is shining brightly, He never goes out. And because of Him, we the Church can all shine brightly. Our light will never die, because our light comes from Him.

This season, I choose to be a Christmas light, sparkling in the darkness.


Will you sparkle too?
...........................................................................................................................................................

Just joining me? Catch up now with Twelve Truths of Christmas, Day 1- Joy, and Day 2- Peace.

Want to connect? You can find me on Twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment