Thursday, September 21, 2017

Writing Wednesday (ish) Diary of a Plant- Part 4

I soaked that incredible warmth from the light up, reveling in how good it felt on my shoot. I leaned into the light, wanting to feel as much of it as was possible. That Light was life, mixed with the good things coming from my roots. My earlier tragedies seemed insignificant in comparison to the thrill that was living above the darkness and being filled with this incredible energy.

I felt a prickle along my shoot the longer I leaned into the light. There was this amazing feeling inside of my being, it felt as if something new was being created. The prickle grew more noticeable, until, oh! I looked down and almost danced with joy!

I had grown my very own leaf! I didn’t think I could handle much more excitement in a single day, this was just too much.

Without warning, a whoosh of air and blur of color raced past me about shook me to my core, I almost fell over.

What was that? I dug my roots in a little deeper to stay upright, and looked around in shock. It took some concentration to focus on the color as it moved in the distance, but I stood very still and tried to sort out what the commotion was.

The vibrations I had felt upon first breaking through the darkness to the light? You can imagine my surprise when I realized that they were being created by moving, living beings! These beings were able to move from spot to spot as their roots were free and took them wherever they wanted to go. One being was small, and stood upright on just two roots.

The other being was the color of the Light, and stood more over the ground on four roots. There also seemed to an extra root extending from one end of the second being, that root was moving back and forth very rapidly.

Loud noises were coming out of both beings, especially the two-rooted one. They seemed to be communicating with each other, but the second did more communication with its fifth end root.

All of this was far too much to take in, my new leaf was entirely forgotten in the face of these new, amazing discoveries.

Before I had time to really process, though, both beings turned in my direction, and then they, no, they SAW ME. In another blur of color and movement, they began to rush in my direction.


And once more, I was shaking from my roots up….


No comments:

Post a Comment